Excessive Heat Warning From July 18 to July 20
Tips for Staying Cool
• Drink plenty of water – In hot weather, drink enough to quench your thirst. The average adult needs eight 8-ounce glasses of water a day. Drink plenty of water.
• Dress for the weather – When outside, wear lightweight/loose fitting clothing, and a well-ventilated hat.
• Stay inside if possible – Do errands and outside chores early or later in the afternoon.
• Eat light – Replace heavy or hot meals with lighter, refreshing foods.
• Think cool! Take a cool shower or apply a coldcompress to your pulse points. Or, try spending time indoors at an air-conditioned mall or movie theater.
• Never leave unattended children or pets in vehicles. Car interiors can reach lethal temperatures in a matter of minutes.
Stop by Santa Fe Furniture & Gifts for a cold bottle of water or Wine-A-Rita while traveling in this heat wave.